Sunday, May 31, 2009

nothing promised, no regrets, voulez vous

Today, I went to see the dance recital for the group I used to dance with and it made me sad.

I really miss the group of friends I had in dance because it was different from my group at school or the people I hung out with often and I've missed that this year.

I really, really miss dancing. It was something so unique because so few of the people who surrounded me on a daily basis knew anything about it. Ballerinas in Fort Atkinson is fairly uncommon, I'd say.

I miss performing. I've never really been much of a scene stealer. I don't crave attention and I'm rather shy. I am slow to warm up to dancing in front of people at weddings or dances. But ballet was different. I can't totally say why but it was like showing off in this really cool way...maybe because the audience didn't know much about ballet so they would ooo and ahhh at pretty basic moves.

Anyway, moral of the story is that I miss ballet and will be taking it up again very soon.

1 comment:

  1. let's go to dance class this summer.
    and force bre to join us.
    i miss the old ballet room. i was so comfortable there.

    ReplyDelete