Wednesday, May 6, 2009

from all the unborn chicken voices in my head

One of my friends often talks about her persistent fear of being forgotten by all her friends.  I never understood nor shared that fear so much, but, as of late, i am certainly beginning to share this fear.  My friends plan nights together to hang out and watch TV and such, yet I am not invited.  I am not particularly upset, nor do I feel like whining about it.  I guess I just don't really understand why...
Maybe they thought I would hear it from someone who was directly invited and just figured I'd come that way.  Maybe I don't like the TV show.  Maybe they need a night away from me.  All perfectly understandable.  So why am I thinking so much on it?
I guess I just don't want to be replaced.  My friends now hang out with my other group of friends.  They're not even friends without me!  Oh, god, I sound so high school.

But don't give up yet, dear reader.  There is a point to my Dawson's Creek-like, thirteen year old bitching.  It doesn't bother me.  

Perhaps there was a time when an event like this bothered me.  But now I have a larger grasp on life and things like this just don't really affect me, nor should they ever have.  I got plenty of work done, ate a delicious dinner, didn't feel like I wasted the night, and still love my friends as much as I did yesterday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment